My husband and I have been on the low-carb way of eating for a few months and with that, you eat A LOT of eggs! I’m often boiling eggs so we can have hard boiled eggs ready for consumption on a moment’s notice. The thing about boiling eggs on the stove is (with my method), it takes a bit of time and attention for the perfect hard-boiled egg. My little process isn’t hard, but it’s that waiting for the pot to boil that gets me every time!
Here’s my method to get the perfect hard-boiled egg:
- Put the eggs in the pot and cover them with water.
- Place the pot on the stove and let the water get to a rolling boil (Here’s where I get inpatient)
- Once at a rolling boil, set the timer for 6 minutes
- After 6 minutes, pull the pot off the burner and let the water cool down w/eggs in it.
- Once the water is at room temp, the eggs are done!
As I said, I get inpatient and begin doing something else while I’m waiting for the water to boil – like a few weeks ago. I was distracted by getting on the computer, couldn’t hear the water boiling (surprise, surprise) and BAM, Egg Explosion!
You can imagine the smell in the house!
So, at the recommendation of a friend, I decided to buy an egg boiler that you can use in the microwave. You just set your eggs in it (with a little water), microwave for 9 minutes or so and DONE! No more worries about eggs popping, pans burning and a horrible smell in the house.
Please share your kitchen mishaps so I don’t feel alone…….